International/Global Affairs: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Palestine and Israel
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Autonomous/Secession Movements
- Chemical and Biological Weapons
- European Union
- Food Shortages/Food Supply
- Human Trafficking
- Immigration - United States
- Nuclear Proliferation
- Palestine and Israel
- AskMusa.org"Promoting Understanding and Tolerance Between Muslims and Jews Through Knowledge" - created by a Jewish human rights organization to explain Judaism to the Islamic world, from the Simon Wiesenthal Center.
- Background on Hamas from the Council on Foreign RelationsFrom the Council on Foreign Relations, an "independent national membership organization and a nonpartisan center for scholars."
- Bitterlemons.orgOffers both Palestinian and Israeli viewpoints.
- Center for Muslim-Jewish Engagement (CMJE)Offers suggested readings, best practices, analysis/comparison of Jewish and Islamic religious texts from the University of Southern California.
- Middle East Report OnlineMERIP is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that provides information and analysis about the Middle East not available from mainstream news sources. MERIP addresses a broad range of social, political, and cultural issues.
- Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC)Working for "self-determination for Palestinians" and "an end to Israeli occupation."
- PLO Negotiations Affairs Department (NAD)The NAD was "established in 1994 in Gaza in order to follow up on the implementation of the Interim Agreement signed between Israel and the PLO."
- The Middle East 1916-present : A Documentary Record from Yale Law School Avalon ProjectIncludes primary documents on the Arab-Israeli Conflict.
About Palestine and Israel
This Research Guide covers topics related to Palestine and Israel and prospects for peace, with emphasis on events since the June 1967 war. You may wish to concentrate on a sub-topic, such as disputed territories, the Palestine Liberation Organization, or the history of Israel.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: Arab Israeli conflict, Israeli Palestinian conflict, Israel, Palestinians, Middle East peace, Palestinian Arabs and Israel, Palestine Liberation Organization, Palestinian question, Israel and disputed territor*, Israel and occupied territor*, Intifada
Overview Resources - Background Information
- Country profile: Israel and Palestinian territoriesDescriptions from the BBC.
- CQ ResearcherContains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- Mythologies Without End: the US, Israel, and the Arab-Israeli conflict, 1917-2020 by Jerome SlaterCall Number: ebookISBN: 9780190459086Publication Date: 2020-11-02
- Enemies and Neighbors: Arabs and Jews in Palestine and Israel, 1917-2017 by Ian BlackISBN: 9780802127037Publication Date: 2017-11-07
- The Only Language They Understand: Forcing Compromise in Israel and Palestine by Nathan ThrallISBN: 9781627797092Publication Date: 2017-05-16
- Israel: a concise history of a nation reborn by Daniel GordisISBN: 9780062368744Publication Date: 2016-10-18
- The Israel-Palestine Conflict: One Hundred Years of War by James L. GelvinISBN: 9781107613546Publication Date: 2014-01-13
Articles - Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchIncludes scholarly and popular articles on many topics.
- PAIS (Public Affairs)Public Affairs Information Service covers public policy, social policy, and the social sciences in general.
- Index IslamicusThe Index Islamicus database indexes literature on Islam, the Middle East and the Muslim world.
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
Statistics and Data
- CIA World Factbooksearch under "israel"
- Hamas PopularityStatistics from the Pew Global Attitudes Project.
- Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research (PSR)Results from Palestinian and Israeli public opinion polls.