Food Science : Journals
- News, Data, & Statistics
- Writing and Citing
- Jobs & Funding
- Hot TopicsToggle Dropdown
- Resources by TopicToggle Dropdown
Get Help from AGES Team
Agriculture, Geology, & Environmental Sciences Team | Science & Engineering Libraries
Karen Dunn | Steenbock LIbrary
Marie Dvorzak | Geology Library
Heather Shimon | Steenbock Library
- Academic SearchMultidisciplinary database that provides access to news, reports, books, academic journals, and more.
- Google ScholarMultidisciplinary search engine to find scholarly materials. Log in through the UW-Madison Libraries website in order to access articles.
- ScopusLarge, multidisciplinary database that covers science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of ScienceA collection of databases that index the world’s leading scholarly literature across the sciences.
- Locating Article DatabasesGuide to searching for a database by name or by subject/topic.
Food Safety, Health, and Nutrition
- AGRICOLA (US National Agricultural Library)Includes research journals, USDA publications, FAO publications, conference proceedings, and books. Covers agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, agricultural products, animal industries, animal nutrition, botany, plant science, soil science, and environmental impact.
- CABI CAB Abstracts (Agriculture & Veterinary)Leading scholarly database covering agriculture and natural resources worldwide.
- PubMedDeveloped by the National Library of Medicine (NLM), provides free access to thousands of scholarly articles in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, health care systems, and more.
Food Industry and Business
- ProQuest One Business (formerly ABI Inform)Online business library database of millions of full-text items across scholarly and popular periodicals, newspapers, market research reports, dissertations, books, videos and more. The database includes company, industry and country reports; in-depth analyst reports from J.P. Morgan; and scholarly journal and ebook coverage from hundreds of publishers. Includes full text of Wall Street Journal, the Economist and the Financial Times. ProQuest One Business contains all content previously available in other databases, including Business Premium Collection, ABI/INFORM, and J.P. Morgan Research.
- Business Source CompleteIncludes scholarly, trade and popular business magazines covering all business disciplines. Market research reports, industry reports, country reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses are also included.
- Thomasnet.comDirectory of suppliers and products.
- Company Research: Library Databases and Internet ResourcesCollection of resources on public, private, and nonprofit companies.
- Industry Research: Library Databases and Internet ResourcesCollection of resources for industry research.
Food Science and Technology
- Agris (FAO Agriculture-United Nations)International database referencing world literature covering all aspects of agricultural sciences and technology. It includes gray literature not available through normal publication and distribution channels. National, international and intergovernmental centers contribute references to the agricultural literature produced within their boundaries. The database is coordinated and made available by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
- Biological AbstractsCovers all aspects of biology including bacteriology, cell biology, genetics, microbiology, pathology, physiology, toxicology, virology, zoology, and more.
- FSTA - Food Science & Technology AbstractsSearch scholarly materials, standards, legislation, and patents covering beverages, cocoa and chocolate, commodity technology, dairy products, dietetic foods, fats and oils, fermentation technology, fish, flour and bakery products, food additives and engineering, food hygiene, food laws, meat and poultry, sugars, and toxicology.
Getting Full Text Articles & Book Chapters
Follow (Find It button) or the "Find It at UW Madison" link in most databases to:
- access online full text (when available)
- see if the journal or book is available in print if it is not accessible online
- request a free pdf of the article or book chapter if full text is not available online (Request a Copy)
If you already have a citation, use this Citation Search to search for your article.
Browse Food Science Journals
BrowZine is available for UW-Madison students, faculty and staff. BrowZine lets you browse, read, save, and monitor scholarly journals in your subject areas on your mobile device or desktop/laptop.