Social Issues: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Bathroom Laws
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Bathroom Laws
- Capital Punishment/Death Penalty
- Health Care
- Prison Issues
- School to Prison Pipeline
- Sexual Assault/Rape
- Social Media
- Stereotype Threat
- Welfare Reform
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- The Family Research CouncilThe Family Research Council is a Washington DC based think tank and policy center that has been involved in many of the efforts to pass bathroom laws.
- National Center for TransequalityNCTE was founded in 2003 by transgender activists who recognized the urgent need for policy change to advance transgender equality. With a committed board of directors, a volunteer staff of one, and donated office space, we set out to accomplish what no one had yet done: provide a powerful transgender advocacy presence in Washington, D.C.
About Bathroom Laws
This guide provides resources for the current debate over laws that require persons to use the bathroom that matches the gender shown on their birth certificate.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: Transgender AND Bathroom, Bathroom AND Law, Transgender AND Law, Bathroom AND Legislation, Transgender Students AND Bathrooms, Transgender Rights AND Legislation.
Overview Resources-Background Information
- CQ ResearcherContains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- Opposing Viewpoint in ContextOpposing Viewpoints in Context provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- Bathroom Battlegrounds by Alexander K. DavisISBN: 0520300157Publication Date: 2020
- You're in the Wrong Bathroom!: and 20 Other Myths and Misconceptions About Transgender and Gender-Nonconforming People by Laura Erickson-Schroth; Laura A. JacobsISBN: 9780807033890Publication Date: 2017-05-30
- Queering Bathrooms: Gender, Sexuality, and the Hygienic Imagination by Sheila L. CavanaghISBN: 9781442641549Publication Date: 2010-10-30
- Toilet: Public Restrooms and the Politics of Sharing by Harvey Molotch (Editor); Laura Noren (Editor)ISBN: 9780814795880Publication Date: 2010-11-17
Articles- Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchAcademic Search Premier is a multidisciplinary database that provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including approximately 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. A total of 8,500 journals are indexed and abstracted.
- GenderWatchA gender, women, and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) issues database with thousands of English-language full-text articles from over 200 magazines, academic journals, regional publications, and newsletters.
- LexisNexisApproximately 5000 legal, news, reference, & business sources, most full text. It includes international & U.S. newspapers, ethnic & regional news sources, wire services, newsletters, trade journals, industry analyst reports, and broadcast transcripts.
- Hein Online (Law)Full-text legal periodicals, historical texts, foreign & international materials, and primary legal materials in PDF, including the Federal Register, U.S. Statutes at Large, U.S. Reports & attorney general opinions, state session laws, and more. (Updated daily)