Bioethics: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Assisted Suicide
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Animal Rights
- Assisted Suicide
- Chemical and Biological Weapons
- Food Shortages/Food Supply
- Genetic Engineering
- Medical Ethics
- Stem Cell Research
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- Assisted SuicideAn ERGO website dedicated to assisted suicide and the rights of the terminally ill.
- Death with Dignity National CenterOrganization that leads the defense of the Oregon Death with Dignity Law.
- ERGO (Euthanasia Research and Guidance Organization)A pro-euthanasia organization.
- Euthanasia.comA pro-life organization that provides information on euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide.
- The World Federation of Right to Die SocietiesAn international federation consisting of 38 right to die organizations from 23 countries.
About Assisted Suicide
This Research Guide provides resources related to the medical, legal and ethical issues of assisted suicide. Assisted suicide is an active form of euthanasia, while passive euthanasia ("the right to die") involves withholding of life support so that a terminally ill patient may die a natural death.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: assisted suicide, assisted suicide and law*, assisted suicide and ethic*, physician assisted suicide, euthanasia, right to die, euthanasia and law*, euthanasia and ethic*, palliative care, euthanasia and religio*
Overview Resources - Background Information
- Euthanasia and Physician Assisted SuicideInformation on ethical, legal, and religious issues and the status of euthanasia and physician assisted suicide in the U.S. and other countries around the world.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource CenterOpposing Viewpoints Resource Center (OVRC) provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- Voluntary EuthanasiaArticle from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy on voluntary euthanasia and the arguments for and against it.
- CQ ResearcherContains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- This Is Assisted Dying: A Doctor's Story of Empowering Patients at the End of Life by Stefanie GreenISBN: 9781982129514Publication Date: 2022
- Palliative Care: the 400-year quest for a good death by Harold Y. VanderpoolISBN: 9780786497997Publication Date: 2015-06-18
- Death on Demand: Jack Kevorkian and the right-to-die movement by Michael DeCesareISBN: 9781442242135Publication Date: 2015-07-01
- The Law of Life and Death by Elizabeth Price FoleyCall Number: ebook and KF3827 D4 F65 2011ISBN: 0674051041Publication Date: 2011-04-01
- Medically Assisted Death by Robert YoungISBN: 0521880246Publication Date: 2007-10-18
- The Modern Art of Dying: the history of of euthanasia in the United States by Shai J. LaviCall Number: ebookISBN: 9780691102634Publication Date: 2005-07-25
Articles - Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchIncludes scholarly and popular articles on many topics.
- PsycINFOIncludes articles on psychology topics.
- Health Source: Nursing/AcademicIncludes articles on health and medical topics.