Bioethics: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Medical Ethics
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Animal Rights
- Assisted Suicide
- Chemical and Biological Weapons
- Food Shortages/Food Supply
- Genetic Engineering
- Medical Ethics
- Stem Cell Research
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- American Center for Physicians (ACP)Contains a link to the ACP's Ethics Manual
- American Society for Bioethics and HumanitiesThe Society is an educational organization whose purpose is to promote the exchange of ideas and foster multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, and inter-professional scholarship, research, teaching, policy development, professional development, and collegiality among people engaged in all of the endeavors related to clinical and academic bioethics and the health-related humanities.
- American Medical Association (AMA)The AMA site provides a section on medical ethics and the history of medical ethics within the AMA.
- Center for Bioethics and Human DignityThis site includes news and commentary on pertinent bioethical issues, including cloning, abortion, genetics, and stem cells from a Christian perspective.
- Compassion and ChoicesAn organization that supports the right of terminally ill, mentally competent adults to hasten death under careful safeguards.
- Patients Right CouncilThe International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide is an international leader in the ever-increasing debate over assisted suicide and euthanasia.
- World Health Organization (WHO)This site, created by The World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations' specialized agency for health, explores issues in bioethics from an international perspective.
About Medical Ethics
This guide focuses on sources dealing with difficult, controversial medical topics. Example issues include organ transplants, organ donation, euthanasia, human experimentation and genetic engineering.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: "medical ethics", "human experimentation", "assisted suicide", cloning, "transplantation of organs", euthanasia, and bioethics.
- American Journal of BioethicsThis site includes numerous links to news articles and internet sites pertaining to various ethical issues in the medical and biological sciences. It also includes a searchable index of article abstracts from the American Journal of Bioethics.
- Ethics and Health (ETH), World Health Organization (WHO)This site, created by The World Health Organization (WHO), the United Nations' specialized agency for health, explores issues in bioethics from an international perspective.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource CenterOpposing Viewpoints Resource Center (OVRC) provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- Rigor Mortis: How Sloppy Science Creates Worthless Cures, Crushes Hope, and Wastes Billions by Richard F. HarrisISBN: 9780465097906Publication Date: 2017-04-04
- The Ethics Police?: The Struggle to Make Human Research Safe by Robert KlitzmanISBN: 9780199364602Publication Date: 2015-04-13
- Ethical issues in modern medicine : contemporary readings in bioethics by Bonnie Steinbock, Alex John London, John D. ArrasISBN: 9780073535869Publication Date: 2013
- Bioethics: the basics by Alastair V. CampbellISBN: 9780415504096Publication Date: 2013
- Future bioethics : overcoming taboos, myths, and dogmas by Ronald A. LindsayISBN: 9781591026242Publication Date: 2008
Articles-Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchIncludes scholarly and popular articles on many topics.
- PubMedIncludes articles on the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, allied health, health care systems, and pre-clinical sciences.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (Nursing and Allied Health Literature)Includes articles on nursing, biomedicine, health sciences librarianship, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health and other allied health disciplines.
- Philosopher's IndexIncludes articles on topics within philosophy, such as aesthetics, epistemology, ethics, logic, and metaphysics, and the philosophy of related disciplines such as education, history, law, religion, and science.
- Data Citation IndexThe Data Citation Index provides a single point of access to quality research data from repositories across disciplines and around the world. Through linked content and summary information, this data is displayed within the broader context of the scholarly research, enabling users to gain perspective that is lost when data sets or repositories are viewed in isolation.