Entrepreneurship Research Guide : Creativity
This guide is a collaborative effort between the Wisconsin School of Business and the Business Library.
One: Articulate your challenge
How might you enhance/create/improve/redesign/expand/re-imagine/grow…
- What is the problem you’re trying to solve?
- What is the impact you’re trying to achieve?
Two: Sharpening the ability to generate new ideas
- Analytical – Deconstruct a problem into simpler parts
- Search – Use experience and information to make unexpected connections to find existing opportunities
- Imagination – Imagine solutions without constraints (“blue sky”)
- Perspective change – Adopt the viewpoint opposite of what you believe or assume the identity of someone else
- Relationship – Seek to make connections between unrelated objects/people
- Group – Develop ideas with others or enhance their ideas