- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Research Guides
- Product Design
- Component Parts
Product Design : Component Parts
- Articles & Videos
- Component Parts
- Handbooks & Material Property Data
- Market & User Data
- Track Your Sources
- Entrepreneurial Resources
Why Search for Parts & Materials?
Searching component parts and materials during design can help you to:
- Find local manufacturers who might be willing to donate parts.
- Link to sizing guidelines for properly dimensioning fitted parts.
- Obtain free CAD drawings to save you time in creating your drawing set.
- Locate product literature and manuals that may include standards and conformity testing.
Use these websites to search for parts. Also in this guide, see the videos on ThomasNet.com and McMaster-Carr for more information.
- Digi-KeyDistributor of electronic components.
- EEMDistributor of electronic components.
- Engineering360 IEEE GlobalSpec"More than122 million parts from suppliers across the industrial sector, searchable by specification."
- EngNet Engineering Network"Powerful Directory/Search Engine/Buyers Guide Service aimed specifically at the Engineering Industry to enable Engineers, Technicians, Tradesmen, etc. to find information and communicate effectively with suppliers in the Engineering Industry."
- Grainger"A leading distributor of industrial supplies, MRO equipment, tools and materials with access to over 1.5 million industrial supply products available online."
- McMaster-CarrFind pricing on over 555,000 products including raw materials.
- MISUMISupplier of mechanical components for factory automation.
- Mouser ElectronicsDistributor of semiconductors and electronic components.
- OctopartSearch engine for electronic parts.
- ThomasNet.comFind component part options, part sizing specifications, free downloadable 3D CAD models, and more.
ThomasNet.com from ThomasNet on Vimeo.
Use websites such as ThomasNet.com to find component part options, part sizing specifications, and free parts drawings.