United States Government: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Executive Branch/The President
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Constitutional Amendments
- Executive Branch/The President
- Judicial Branch
- Legislative Branch
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- The American Presidency ProjectEstablished in 1999 by John Woolley and Gerhard Peters at the University of California, Santa Barbara, the American Presidency Project consists of 69,059 documents related to the study of the presidency.
- The White House Web SiteOfficial site of current US President includes news and policies; biographies of president, vice president and first lady; history and virtual tours; speeches; and links to other government Web sites.
- American Presidents: Life PortraitsThis web site, created for the television series, contains a complete video archive of all "American Presidents: Life Portraits" programming, plus biographical facts.
- Commission on Presidential DebatesSummarizes information on major historic political debates and provides voter education.
About the Exectutive Branch / The President
This guide provides resources about the Office of the President of the United States. It also considers the growth of presidential power, the role of the presidency in the modern world, and the election process.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: president* AND United States, presidential election*, presidential candida*, political action committee*, political advertising, first lady, campaign finance, American presidency, campaign issue*, republican party, democratic party
Also try: The names of presidents, first ladies, and presidential candidates
Overview Resources - Background Information
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource CenterOpposing Viewpoints Resource Center (OVRC) provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- CQ ResearcherCQ Researcher contains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day. Reports are written by experienced journalists on such topics as: health, social trends, criminal justice, international affairs, education, the environment, technology and the economy.
- What Were We Thinking: A brief intellectual history of the Trump era by Carlos LozadaCall Number: E912 .L69 2020ISBN: 9781982145644Publication Date: 2020-10-06
- The Year of Voting Dangerously: The Derangement of American Politics by Maureen DowdISBN: 1455539260Publication Date: 2016-09-13
- Presidential Government by Benjamin GinsbergISBN: 0300212062Publication Date: 2016-05-24
- By Order of the President: The Use and Abuse of Executive Direct Action by Phillip CooperISBN: 9780700620128Publication Date: 2014-12-05
- The American Vice Presidency: From Irrelevance to Power by Jules WitcoverISBN: 1588344711Publication Date: 2014-10-07
- The First Presidential Contest: 1796 and the Founding of American Democracy by Jeffrey L. PasleyCall Number: ebookISBN: 9780700619078Publication Date: 2013-05-09
Articles - Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchIncludes scholarly and popular articles on many topics.
- America: History and LifeAmerica: History and Life indexes and abstracts more than 1700 social science and humanities journals in the field of United States and Canadian history
- PAISPublic Affairs Information Service indexes covers public policy, social policy, and the social sciences in general.
- Worldwide Political Science AbstractsWorldwide Political Abstracts provides citations, abstracts, and indexing of more than 1200 international serials in political science and related fields; including international relations, law, public administration, and public policy.
- ProQuest Regulatory InsightRegulatory Insight offers U.S. federal administrative law histories organized by federal statute and executive order, as well as Federal Register and Code of Federal Regulations content. Also includes a research tool to facilitate regulatory research organized by Federal Agency.
- Statistical Abstract of the United StatesThis tool is the authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States. Sources of data include the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and many other Federal agencies and private organizations.