Internet and Online Culture: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Online Privacy
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Artificial Intelligence
- Copyright/Intellectual Property
- Net Neutrality
- Online Privacy
- Social Media
- Video Games
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- Choose Privacy WeekA resource set by the Association of American Librarians (ALA) to promote online privacy and safety.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF): PrivacyEFF fights in the courts and Congress to extend your privacy rights into the digital world, and works with partners around the globe to support the development of privacy-protecting technologies.
About Online Privacy
This guide provides resources on the many issues related to online privacy, including identity theft, online surveillance, and anonymity.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: internetAND privacy, internet AND right to privacy, online privacy AND social media, online privacy AND safety measures, online privacy AND security measures, identity theft, identity theft AND prevention, online surveillance, online surveillance AND chilling effect, online surveillance AND prism
Overview Resources - Background Information
- CQ ResearcherContains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- Opposing Viewpoint in ContextOpposing Viewpoints Resource Center (OVRC) provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- Data for the People: How to Make Our Post-Privacy Economy Work for You by Andreas Weigend; Robin DennisISBN: 9780465044696Publication Date: 2017-01-31
- Privacy in the New Media Age by Jon L. MillsISBN: 9780813060583Publication Date: 2015-03-03
- Terms of Service: Social Media and the Price of Constant Connection by Jacob SilvermanISBN: 9780062282460Publication Date: 2015-03-17
Articles- Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchAcademic Search Premier is a multidisciplinary database that provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including approximately 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. A total of 8,500 journals are indexed and abstracted.
- LexisNexisApproximately 5000 legal, news, reference, & business sources, most full text. It includes international & U.S. newspapers, ethnic & regional news sources, wire services, newsletters, trade journals, industry analyst reports, and broadcast transcripts.
- ScopusScopus is the largest multidisciplinary abstract and citation database that covers science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Library and Information Science Full TextLibrary Literature & Information Science Full Text provides PDF page images of all full-text articles, including charts, graphs, photos and other important graphical information with coverage dating as far back as 1980.
- Data Citation IndexThe Data Citation Index provides a single point of access to quality research data from repositories across disciplines and around the world. Through linked content and summary information, this data is displayed within the broader context of the scholarly research, enabling users to gain perspective that is lost when data sets or repositories are viewed in isolation.