Families: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Child Abuse
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Autism Spectrum
- Child Abuse
- Children of Divorce
- Childhood Obesity
- Domestic Violence
- Same Sex Marriage/Marriage Equality
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- Family Service"Since 1910, Family Service, located at 128 E. Olin Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin, has been serving and celebrating families. As a nonprofit human service agency, we offer help to people of all income levels."
- Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin"At Prevent Child Abuse Wisconsin we work with concerned citizens across Wisconsin to help bring us closer to this goal."
- Child Welfare League of AmericaThe Child Welfare League of America is the oldest and largest national nonprofit organization promoting the protection of America's children.
- Prevent Child AbuseA national organization devoted to the prevention of abuse and neglect of America's children.
- International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and NeglectProfessional organization with headquarters in Chicago.
- Virtual Global TaskforceThe Virtual Global Taskforce is made up of police forces from around the world working together to fight online child abuse.
About Child Abuse
This guide contains sources of information about child abuse. Child abuse can be physical or emotional harm caused to children by their parents or guardians.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: child abuse AND trials, child abuse AND neglect, child sexual abuse, incest, abused children, child* AND molest*, battered child syndrome
Overview Resources - Background Information
- Child Welfare Information GatewayThis service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides access to information and resources to help protect children.
- MedlinePlus: Child AbuseMedline provides authoritative information on treatments, prevention, research, organizations, law and policy, and statistics related to child abuse.
- Minnesota Center Against Violence and AbuseArticles, fact sheets and Web links on child abuse from the University of Minnesota.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource CenterOpposing Viewpoints Resource Center (OVRC) provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- CQ ResearcherContains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- The Children's BureauThe Children's Bureau, part of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, is the oldest federal agency for children.
- Abusive Policies by Mical RazCall Number: ebookISBN: 1469661217Publication Date: 2020-12-18
- The Primordial Violence: Spanking Children, Psychological Development, Violence, and Crime by Murray A. Straus; Emily M. Douglas; Rose Anne MedeirosISBN: 9781848729520Publication Date: 2015-02-26
- Etched in Sand: A True Story of Five Siblings Who Survived an Unspeakable Childhood on Long Island by Regina CalcaterraISBN: 9780062218834Publication Date: 2013-08-06
- Child Soldiers by Ph.D., David M RosenISBN: 9781598845266Publication Date: 2012-04-01
- The Trauma Myth: The Truth about the Sexual Abuse of Children--and Its Aftermath by Susan A. ClancyISBN: 9780465016884Publication Date: 2010-01-05
Articles - Scholarly and Popular
- SocINDEX with Full TextSocINDEX with Full Text includes full text for "core coverage" sociology journals, books, and conference proceedings.
- PsycINFOThis database includes information about psychology and the psychological aspects of related disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business and law.
- Social Work AbstractsSocial Work Abstracts contains citations and abstracts to articles from more than journals in the areas of the social work profession, theory and practice, areas of service, social issues, and social problems.
Statistics and Data
- National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN)A resource since 1988, the National Data Archive on Child Abuse and Neglect (NDACAN) promotes scholarly exchange among researchers in the child maltreatment field.