Spanish Linguistics : Research and Citation Tips
Primary and Secondary Sources
Citation Styles and Citation Managers
Tips for Searching
AND, OR, NOT (Keyword Boolean)
- Use AND, OR, NOT to combine search terms
- Use quotation marks to indicate phrases: "Divina Commedia"
- Use opening and closing parentheses to group search terms
- Use ? or * to truncate: donna? or donna* (will find singular and plural forms). Note that the use of truncation symbols vary in each database or catalog.
- There is no need to write with diacritics (accents, tildes, etc.)
Celestina AND (tema? OR critica?)
Fernando de Rojas AND “Celestina”
“Teatro” AND "comedia" AND Spain
"social aspects" AND “Spanish literature”
Spanish AND "clitic placement"