American Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) : Home
- Cranberry in Popular Culture
- Production / Marketing
- Brands/Suppliers and Trade Associations
- Research Centers; University Extension
- Resources for GrowersToggle Dropdown
- Plants Profile for Vaccinium macrocarpon, PLANTS Database, NRCS, USDAPlant synonyms, distribution map, wetland information, and references.
About this Guide
This guide, while "published" is actively in revision. Questions can be directed to librarians with our Science & Engineering Libraries: AskSEL@library.wisc.edu
- About Cranberries, Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers AssociationCranberry news, brochures, recipes, products and more.
- Educational Resources, Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers AssociationCurriculum materials, informative brochures provided by the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association (WSCGA) and the Wisconsin Cranberry Board.
- Cranberries, Wisconsin Fruit, UW Fruit ProgramResource page with links to publications--varieties, cultivars, production and management.
Health / Nutrition
- Vaccinium macrocarpon - Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases (USDA Agricultural Research Service)Chemical constituents of cranberries and their reported biological activities
- The Cranberry InstituteSummaries, with links to abstracts, of recent research on the health benefits of consuming cranberries.
- Human Nutrition and Food Safety (USDA)National Agricultural Library portal to databases concerning food safety, food composition, and more.
- PubMed, National Library of MedicineSimple PubMed search example for articles about cranberries.
Get Help from AGES Team
Agriculture, Geology, & Environmental Sciences Team | Science & Engineering Libraries
Karen Dunn | Steenbock LIbrary
Marie Dvorzak | Geology Library
Heather Shimon | Steenbock Library