BIOLOGY152: Introductory Biology: IP-Finding Research Articles and Databases (Spring 2023) : Background Information
- Your Independent Project and the Library
- Background Information
- Mentored StudentsToggle Dropdown
- Find Articles
- Finding Full Text
- Evaluating and Using Articles/Primary & Secondary (Review) articles in the Sciences
- Articles with Online Supplemental Material
- Citing Sources & Citation ManagersToggle Dropdown
- Exploring Citation NetworksToggle Dropdown
- Managing Your Research Data
- Get Published
Finding Background Information
Finding background information is a good way of gaining general understanding of a complex topic, as well as understanding the scientific terminology.
You will be writing papers on a specific aspect of an organ system or species. Before you dive into that specific literature you should have an understanding of the basic function of your organ system or an overall knowledge of the species about which you will be writing.
These resources will help you find that general information.