Violence: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Bullying
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Chemical and Biological Weapons
- Domestic Violence
- Gun Control
- Hate Crimes
- Human Trafficking
- Nuclear Proliferation
- Sexual Assault/Rape
- Video Games
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- The BULLY Project"The BULLY Project is the social action campaign inspired by the award-winning film BULLY. Our goal is to reach 10 million kids or more, causing a tipping point that ends bullying in America."
- STOMP Out Bullying"A pioneer on the issue, STOMP Out Bullying is recognized as the most influential anti-bullying and cyberbullying organization in America and beyond."
- Ditch the LabelDitch the Label's "award-winning work spans across the USA, UK and Mexico; empowering people aged 12-25 to overcome bullying."
Bullying or harassment can be identified by repeated behavior and an intent to harm. Harmful bullying behavior can include physical violence, spreading rumors, threats, sexual remarks, disclosing victims' personal information, or hate speech.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: bullying AND school*, bullying AND prevention, bulling AND psychological effects, bullying AND social effects, bullying and depression, bullying and suicide, bullying and academic achievement
See also: Cyberbullying Research Guide
Overview Resources - Background Information
- CQ ResearcherContains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource CenterOpposing Viewpoints Resource Center (OVRC) provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- StopBullying.gov"StopBullying.gov provides information from various government agencies on what bullying is, what cyberbullying is, who is at risk, and how you can prevent and respond to bullying."
- BullyingInformation from the American Psychological Association.
- Bullying in School: Perspectives from School Staff, Students, and Parents by Lisa H. Rosen (Editor); Kathy DeOrnellas (Editor); Shannon R. Scott (Editor)ISBN: 9781137598929Publication Date: 2017
- Bullying Scars: The Impact on Adult Life and Relationships by Ellen Walser deLaraISBN: 9780190233679Publication Date: 2016-05-30
- Bullying among Youth : Issues, Interventions and Theory by Stavros P. KiriakidisISBN: 9781611228694Publication Date: 2014-01-01
- Bullying: The Social Destruction of Self by Laura MartocciISBN: 9781439910726Publication Date: 2015-01-19
- The Hostile Environment: Students Who Bully in School by Susan CarterISBN: 9780739197226Publication Date: 2015-11-25
- Bullies, Victims, and Bystanders by Lisa Rosen (Editor); Shannon Scott (Editor); Samuel Y. Kim (Editor)ISBN: 9783030529383Publication Date: 2020-10-02
Articles - Scholarly and Popular
- Academic Search CompleteIncludes scholarly and popular articles on many topics.
- PsycINFOIncludes articles in the field of psychology as well articles about the psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- SocINDEXIncludes full text articles from over 500 sociology/social science journals.
- Social Work Abstractscontains citations and abstracts to articles from more than journals in the areas of the social work profession, theory and practice, areas of service, social issues, and social problems.