Journalism & Mass Communication Anti-Racism Resources : Allyship
"To be an ally is to...
- Take on the struggle as your own.
- Transfer the benefits of your privilege to those who lack it.
- Amplify voices of the oppressed before your own.
- Acknowledge that even though you feel pain, the conversation is not about you.
- Stand up, even when you feel scared.
- Own your mistakes and de-center yourself.
- Understand that your education is up to you and no one else" (Lamont, para. 2).
Lamont, A. The guide to allyship. https://guidetoallyship.com/.