Education: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Autism Spectrum
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Affirmative Action
- Autism Spectrum
- Paying Student Athletes
- School to Prison Pipeline
- Stereotype Threat
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- Autism Society of WisconsinAwareness, Support and Working together for Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Early Autism Project"The Wisconsin Early Autism Project, Inc., is a program and clinic for the treatment of children with autism based on the work of Dr. Ivar Lovaas, the pioneer of an intensive behavioral approach with proven best outcomes." This website may be commercial in nature.
- Directory of Autism OrganizationsA directory of autism foundations, treatment centers, and organizations. The main site, Autism Key, is geared towards parents of Autistic children.
- U.S. Autism and Asperger Association"USAAA is a nonprofit organization for Autism and Asperger education, support, and solutions. Our goal is to Provide the Opportunity for individuals with autism spectrum disorders to achieve their fullest potential.By recognizing the highly individual and diverse nature of treatment and services, USAAA offers information and education that reflects a variety of views and practices regarding treatment and services to allow maximum choice and benefit for the ASD community."
- National Autism Association"The mission of the National Autism Association is to educate and empower families affected by autism and other neurological disorders. We will educate society that autism is not a lifelong incurable genetic disorder but one that is biomedically definable and treatable." This website has a commercial/political stance.
About the Autism Spectrum
This research guide contains information and resources about the autism spectrum.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: autism spectrum, autism spectrum, autism AND education, autis* AND genetics, music therapy AND autism, autis* and comorbid*, neurodiversity, neurodivergence
Overview Resources - Background Information
- Encyclopaedia Britannica OnlineBritannica Online is a searchable collection of authoritative references, including Britannica's latest encyclopedia articles.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource CenterOpposing Viewpoints Resource Center (OVRC) provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- SocINDEX with Full TextSocINDEX with Full Text includes full text for 397 "core coverage" sociology journals dating back to 1908 and 150 "priority coverage" journals. It encompasses all sub-disciplines of sociology and closely related areas of study.
- Neurotribes: The Legacy of Autism and How to Think Smarter about People Who Think Differently by Silberman, SteveISBN: 9781760113629Publication Date: 2015
- Unmasking Autism: Discovering the New Faces of Neurodiversity by Devon PriceISBN: 0593235231Publication Date: 2022
- The Autistic Brain by Temple Grandin; Richard PanekISBN: 9780547636450Publication Date: 2013-04-30
- Odd Girl Out: My Extraordinary Autistic Life by Laura JamesISBN: 9781580057806Publication Date: 2018
- Vaccines Did Not Cause Rachel's Autism: My Journey as a Vaccine Scientist, Pediatrician, and Autism Dad by Peter J. Hotez; Arthur L. Caplan (Foreword by)ISBN: 9781421426600Publication Date: 2018
- Uniquely Human by Barry M. Prizant; Tom Fields-Meyer (As told to)ISBN: 1476776237Publication Date: 2015
- What You Need to Know about Autism by Christopher CumoISBN: 1440862923Publication Date: 2018
Articles - Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchIncludes scholarly and popular articles on many topics.
- PsycINFO (Psychological Abstracts)Citations & summaries of articles, books, dissertations & technical reports, in psychology. It also covers psychological aspects of medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business & law.
- ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center)ERIC contains citations and abstracts of the international journal and report literature in education and related fields. Subjects include all aspects of education, including child development, classroom techniques and computer education.