Atmospheric/Oceanic/Climate Research Guide : Govt. Documents & Dissertations
A guide to selected research tools in the atmospheric and related sciences.
NTIS Bibliographic Database, 1964 -
- The National Technical Information Service contains descriptions of U.S. government-sponsored, science and technology research from agencies such as DOD, DOE, DOT, EPA, and NASA.
- Covers work in the fields of astronomy, atmospheric science, biotechnology, computers, energy, engineering, environment, etc.
- Has reports on contracts and grants, technical memoranda, technical reports, dissertations, etc. Includes abstracts.
SciTech Connect, 1940-
- Contains all of the information previously available from Energy Citations Database (ECD) and the Information Bridge (IB), including access to Department of Energy research and development reports in physics, chemistry, materials, biology, environmental sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer and information science, renewable energy, and other topics.
- Contains over 2.5 million citations, including journal articles as well as technical reports, bibliographic citations, conference papers, books, multimedia, and data information.
- NASA Policy Directives (current and cancelled), with links to CFR's, Executive Orders, FMM, Standards, and more.
- The NASA CASI TRS (Center for Information Technical Report Server) database contains more than 2.2 million citations and abstracts for publicly available documents, journal articles, and conference proceedings.
- The official source site for Air Force administrative publications and forms.
- The Library Catalog is the main resource for locating UW-Madison dissertations and masters theses
- The Schwerdtfeger Library holds masters theses and dissertations for the Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- Includes doctoral dissertations in all subject areas completed at North American accredited institutions. Some masters theses and foreign language dissertations are also included.
- Orders for complete dissertations may be placed online, but check MadCat first to see if they are owned on campus. Free interlibrary loan may also be a possibility.
- Indexes all dissertations completed at UW-Madison that are in the ProQuest Digital Dissertations database.
- Dissertations produced after 1996 have 24-page previews, and one can download the full text of those dissertations. Masters theses are not included.
- International organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination and preservation of electronic analogues to traditional paper-based theses and dissertations.
Theses Canada, 1965-
- Locate a thesis in Library and Archives Canada, with full-text available for the period 1998-2002.
- This is the primary index to dissertations submitted a for higher degree in United Kingdom and Irish universities. Abstracts are included.
- Contains records for over 20,000 doctoral dissertations in the Center for Research Libraries collection, from institutions in countries other than the United States and Canada.
- Records consist of basic bibliographic information (author, title, institution, country, etc.); no abstracts are included. Most titles available through interlibrary loan.