COVID-19 and International Area Studies : South America
A guide to international area studies resources about COVID-19.
- HomeToggle Dropdown
- AfricaToggle Dropdown
- East AsiaToggle Dropdown
- Latin America, Caribbean, Iberia
- Middle East
- Russia, East Europe, Central Asia
- Southeast Asia
- Ministerio de Salud
- This is the official website from the Ministry of Health dedicated to COVID-19
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, Comercio Internacional y Culto
- Official website from this Ministry dedicated to COVID-19
- Córdoba and Coronavirus
- This is the official website dedicated to COVID-19, from the second biggest city in Argentina
- Buenos Aires and Coronavirus
- This is the official website dedicated to COVID-19, from the capital of Argentina and biggest city in Argentina
Argentinian newspapers' sections dedicated exclusively to COVID-19:
- On the Ground News from ArgentinaNews post on LACIS website written by Alejandro Meitin, artist, lawyer, social innovator, founder of the art collective Ala Plastica (1991-2016) and Casa Río Power to do Lab.
- News on COVID-19 and LGBQ+News on COVID-19 and how it affects the LGBQ+ community.
- COVID-19 and controversies in ArgentinaCOVID-19 and controversies in Argentina and other countries in South America.
- COVID-19 and refugees in ArgentinaLow cases of COVID-19 in refugees and asylum seekers in Argentina
- LGTBQ and COVID-19 in ArgentinaImpact of COVID-19 on LGTBQ community in Argentina
- Indigenous groups and COVID-19 in ArgentinaEffects of COVID-19 in Indigenous groups in Argentina
- COVID-19 and indigenous groups in ArgentinaHow COVID-19 has affected indigenous groups in Argentina
- List of ONGs in ArgentinaList of ONGs in Argentina
- Ministério da Saúde
- Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Brazilian newspapers' sections dedicated exclusively to COVID-19:
- On the Ground News from BrazilNews post on the LACIS website; video and writing by Jean Vilbert, a judge, writer and professor in São Paulo, Brazil.
- COVID-19 and minorities in BrazilArticle about minorities in Brazil and Argentina
- The effects of COVID-19 in minorities in BrazilDisproportionate impact of COVID-19 on racial and ethnic minorities
- COVID-19 and minoritiesCOVID-19 fears should not be exploited to attack and exclude minorities – UN expert
- Indigenous groups in Brazil and COVID-19Alarming number of deaths because of COVID-19 in indigenous groups.
- Indigeous groups desplaced because of COVID-19 in BrazilIndigeous groups desplaced because of COVID-19 in Brazil
- Deaths among Indigenous groups due to COVID-19 in BrazilIndigenous groups dying because of COVID-19 in Brazil
- COVID-19 and indogenous communities in BrazilIndigenous communities and their struggle for survival
- Brazil and the effects of COVID-19 in indigenous tribesBrazil and the effects of COVID-19 in indigenous tribes
- Deaths of indigenous groups due to COVID-19Deaths of indigenous groups due to COVID-19
- Edumais and COVID-19Brazilian ONG Edumais and COVID-19
- Black Brazilians and COVID-19Black Brazilians and COVID-19
- Brazilian Care ONG and COVID-19News related to COVID-19 and Care ONG.
- On the Ground News from Colombia: Fault LinesNews post on the LACIS website written by Paula Ungar, Colombian biologist, PhD in Environmental Sciences.
Ecuadorian newspapers' sections dedicated exclusively to COVID-19:
- On the Ground News from EcuadorNews post on the LACIS website written by Tod Swanson, Associate Professor at ASU.
- Ecuador, LGBT and COVID-19Grupos LGBTI reclaman atención social del Gobierno de Ecuador por COVID-19
- LGTBIQ and COVID-19Grupos Lgbti reclaman atención social del Gobierno de Ecuador por Covid-19
- Ecuador is obligued to support indigenous people during COVID-19Tribunal obliga al gobierno de Ecuador a proteger a la población indígena waorani durante la pandemia
- Transgender community in EcuadorEcuador's transgender community decries lack of government aid during pandemic
- COVID-19 amplifying inequalities for transgender peopleCOVID-19 amplifying inequalities for transgender people
- First case of Coronavirus in an indigenous community in EcuadorDetectan primer caso de coronavirus en comunidad indígena waorani de Ecuador
- Refugees and COVID-19 in EcuadorRefugiados y migrantes Venezolanos en Ecuador - Impacto del COVID -19 a nivel cantonal
- Así afecta la crisis del coronavirus a los más vulnerablesAsí afecta la crisis del coronavirus a los más vulnerables
- In Ecuador How To Protect Indigenous Villages From The CoronavirusIn Ecuador, A Model In How To Protect Indigenous Villages From The Coronavirus
- Indigenous peoples of South America face 'genocide' as coronavirus pandemic exposes historic inequalitiesIndigenous peoples of South America face 'genocide' as coronavirus pandemic exposes historic inequalities
- Women across Latin America ‘under pressure’ to have C-sections during COVID-19Women across Latin America ‘under pressure’ to have C-sections during COVID-19
- 'Invisible hands': How millions of domestic workers fare under Covid-19'Invisible hands': How millions of domestic workers fare under Covid-19
- Ministerio de Salud
- Coronavirus en el Perú
- Ministerio de Migración, Turismo y Viajes
Peruvian newspapers' sections dedicated exclusively to COVID-19:
- On the Ground News from PeruNews post on the LACIS website written by Nicole Fadellin, PhD in Spanish: Latin American Literature, and Jaime Vargas Luna, Public Servant.
- Peruvian NGOsPeruvian NGOs
- ONG Hands on Perú and COVID-19ONG Hands on Perú and COVID-19
- ONG from Perú and COVID-19Peruvian ONG and COVID-19
- ONG Ayuda en Acción and COVID-19Peruvian ONG and COVID-19
- LGBTI discrimination and COVID-19 in PerúLGBTI discrimination and COVID-19 in Perú
- Peruvian Policies to Perpetuate Violence Against Transgender Communities and PerúPeruvian Policies to Perpetuate Violence Against Transgender Communities and Perú
- COVID-19 in the LGTBQ community in PerúCOVID-19 in the LGTBQ community in Perú
- Impact of COVID-19 on racial and ethnic minorities in PerúImpact of COVID-19 on minorities
- Minorities and COVID-19Las minorías étnicas con mayor riesgo de contraer COVID-19