Animal Science : Journals
- Streaming Video
- Animal Science Jobs & Careers
- UW People/Organizations
- Writing & Publishing
- Grants & Funding
Bioscience Team | Science & Engineering Libraries
Jessica Newman | Steenbock Library
Barb Sisolak | Steenbock Library
Angel Tang | Steenbock Library
Find an Article
If you already have a citation, use the Citation Search form to search for your article.
Request a free copy of the article through Find & Request Materials
Journal Article Databases
These databases are a good starting point for locating journal articles on an animal science or dairy science topic ...
- CAB AbstractsLeading scholarly database covering agriculture and natural resources worldwide.
- ScopusScopus covers nearly 22,000 titles from over 5,000 publishers, of which 20,000 are peer-reviewed journals in the scientific, technical, medical, and social sciences (including arts and humanities).
- Web of ScienceVeterinary and animal science journals are included among the 8000 international journals covered. Best for finding articles citing a particular author or paper. Citation search feature allows you to find later articles that cite a particular article of interest in their bibliographies
- Agricola (licensed version)Animal science, biology, breeding, nutrition and veterinary science.
- Agris (FAO Agriculture-United Nations)English and foreign-language journals, books, reports, conference papers, and patents. Its subject matter covers agriculture, agriculture, animal production, extension work, machinery and buildings, and protection of stored products.
- Biological AbstractsJournal literature covering virtually every life science discipline including biochemistry, biotechnology, clinical and experimental medicine, immunology, microbiology, neuroscience, pharmacology, and toxicology.
- Agricultural & Environmental Science Database(Formerly Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management) Leading environmental database, covers all aspects of pollution; ecology, toxicology, environmental engineering, environmental biotechnology, waste management, & water resources.
- PubAg (National Agricultural Library)PubAg is a portal to USDA-authored and other highly relevant agricultural research. At launch it delivers over 40,000 full-text journal articles by USDA staff and citations to an additional 340,000 articles. The initial release also previews its directions for intended functionality and will serve as the foundation for further enhancements.
- PubMed (National Library of Medicine)Veterinary science and medicine
Newspapers & Popular Magazines
- Academic SearchAcademic Search is a full text database of more than 3000 journals covering a broad range of material.
- LEXIS/NEXIS Academic Universe WebLEXIS/NEXIS ACADEMIC UNIVERSE is an online service composed of approximately 5,000 legal, news, reference, and business sources. Mostly full text.
- Newspaper Source Plus1,520 full-text newspapers. Provides more than 28 million full-text articles. Contains comprehensive full text for major newspapers such as The New York Times (from January 1985 to present), The Boston Globe, The Christian Science Monitor, The Daily Mail (UK), The Irish Times (Ireland), The San Francisco Chronicle, The Sydney Morning Herald (Australia), The Times of London, The Toronto Star, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, and others.