Organic Agriculture : Marketplace
This guide supplies links to campus library and open Web resources for researching topics in organic agriculture, organic food.
- Articles, Extension Publications
- Books, E-Texts, Selected Documents
- Certification, Standards
- Seed, Crops & Livestock
- Data, Statistics
- Research Units, Professional Organizations
- Library Resources for Guests
- Fair Trade FederationTrade association that strengthens and promotes North American organizations committed to fair trade.
- World Fair Trade OrganizationNetwork of Fair Trade organizations. Its mission is to improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged producers by linking and promoting Fair Trade organizations and speaking out for greater justice in world trade.
- Agricultural Marketing Resource CenterOnline resource for producers interested in value-added agriculture. Browse commodities and products, investigate market and industry trends, study business creation and operation, read the results of research.
- Alternative Farming Systems Information Center, National Agricultural Library, USDASpecializes in identifying and accessing information related to alternative agricultural enterprises, crops, and cropping systems.
- Organic Agriculture, Economic Research Service, USDASupplies Organic Market Overview with links to price, production, and trade data.
- Organic Agriculture, Center for Integrated Agricultural SystemsResearch and status reports for organic agriculture in Wisconsin.
- Organic Farming & Food, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer ProtectionBuilding capacity and expertise of Wisconsin organic food businesses and organizations.
- Eat Well GuideFind local, organic and sustainably-produced foods.
- FairShare CSA CoalitionCoalition works to create a sustainable, just, and locally based food system in Southern Wisconsin by promoting and supporting CSA farms.
- familyfarmed (Chicago)Looks to expand the production, marketing and distribution of locally grown and responsibly produced food and goods, in order to enhance the social, economic and environmental health of communities.
- Food Systems, Center for Integrated Agricultural SystemsResearch and projects addressing issues across the food supply chain including processing, distribution, markets, policy, purchasing and consumption, with an emphasis on the environment, health, and society.
- Local HarvestThe Local Harvest map (and site) makes it easy to find family farms, farmers' markets and other sources of organic and sustainably grown food in your area.
- REAP Food GroupMadison non-profit dedicated to research, education, action and policy concerns of locally-grown and sustainable foods.
- Slow Food InternationalNon-profit, eco-gastronomic, member-supported organization, founded in 1989, to celebrate and to 'recognize connections between plate and planet.'
- Slow Food USA"Non-profit educational organization dedicated to supporting and celebrating the food traditions of North America through programs and activities dedicated to Taste Education, Defending Biodiversity and Building Food Communities."