Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors : Local/Statewide/National Resources
Rape Crisis Center
2801 Coho Street, Suite 301, Madison, WI
Serving Dane County since 1973, the Rape Crisis Center (RCC) provides services to survivors (and their family and friends) of all forms of sexual violence, including recent sexual assault, past sexual assault, incest (past or present), sexual harassment, and sexual exploitation.
Services for survivors include:
- Survivor support and advocacy
- Chimera Self-Defense
- A self-defense program designed for the needs of women, which teaches awareness, assertiveness, and physical protection skills. Chimera is taught by certified instructors who provide strong role models and ensure a safe space for the examination of experiences and feelings about sexual assault. They stress safety and confidentiality throughout all courses.
Commitment to equity and quality of life for all LGBTQ+ people through community building, health and human services, and economic, social, and racial justice advocacy.
Offers a broad range of services to runaway, homeless, and at-risk youth.
Comprised of organizations working to end sexual violence in Wisconsin. Includes 59 sexual assault service provider agencies.
- Technical assistance related to program development, legal advocacy, policy development, prevention, and victim and offender dynamics
- Educational programming
- Legislative initiatives
- Reference material (DVDs, books, other media)
Note: direct services to survivors are not offered.
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin
2222 S. Park St, Suite 210, Madison, WI or 3706 Orin Rd, Madison, WI
608-251-6546 or 608-241-3767
- Preventative health exams
- Birth control
- Gynecological exams (including evaluation and treatments of infections)
- Abortion care
- Pregnancy testing
- HIV testing
- STD testing and treatment
- Morning-After Pill
- LGBT services
The leading nonprofit providing information and tools to prevent and respond to sexual violence. Resources include:
- Finding help as a surivor
- Directory of statewide organizations
- Directory of organizations
- Directory of experts
- NSVRC Library Catalog
The largest anti-sexual violence organization in the United States. RAINN offers the following services to survivors of sexual violence:
If you or someone you know needs help or counseling around sexual assault, please use any of the following resources: