- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Research Guides
- F&W ECOL 515: Natural Resources Policy (Spring 2021)
- Scientific Literature & Data
F&W ECOL 515: Natural Resources Policy (Spring 2021) : Scientific Literature & Data
Selected Databases: Environment, Natural Resources
Selected Databases: Government, Law, Public Affairs, Social Science
Searching Tips for Library-Licensed Databases
- Use AND to combine search terms; retrieve records with those terms, in any order: friends AND communication
- Use OR to combine similar search terms or synonyms: friends OR peers
- Use quotation marks ( " ") to search a required phrase: "interpersonal communication"
- Use an asterisk ( * ) to retrieve singular and plural forms or suffixes for search terns: friend* = friend, friends, friendly or friendship
- Review "subject headings" or "descriptors" to identify additional and useful search terms.
- Apply limits or filters to your results (by date, document type, or other).
Using Google Scholar
Google Scholar is Google's search engine for finding articles from a variety of source providers--publishers, professional societies, institutional repositories. While there may be some GS full-text, save Scholar preferences to access our Libraries' subscriptions. If following our library link to GS, above, no setting will be necessary.
From off-campus and entering GS directly (scholar.google.com), then set your library link preference:
- Select Scholar Preferences.
- Search for the name of your library in the Library Links section (for example, enter UW Madison).
- Check boxes for your campus library system and Open WorldCat “Library Search”.
- Click Save Preferences in order to generate an active "Find It at UW-Madison" link.