Entertainment and Popular Culture: An Undergraduate Research Guide : Celebrity
- Writing, Citing, & Research Help
- Fan Culture
- Paying Student Athletes
- Social Media
- Tattoos & Piercings
- Video Games
- Newspaper Source PlusNewspaper Source Plus includes 1,520 full-text newspapers, providing more than 28 million full-text articles.
- Newspaper Research GuideThis guide describes sources for current and historical newspapers available in print, electronically, and on microfilm through the UW-Madison Libraries. These sources are categorized by pages: Current, Historical, Local/Madison, Wisconsin, US, Alternative/Ethnic, and International.
- International Association For Media and Communication ResearchThe International Association for Media and Communication Research - IAMCR - is the preeminent worldwide professional organisation in the field of media and communication research.
This guide provides resources for those are interested in the role celebrity plays in culture, with a focus on its social aspects.
Try searching these terms using the resources linked on this page: Celebrity OR Celebrity Culture OR Fame, Fame AND Social Aspects, Celebrity AND Internet, Celebrity AND Influence, Celebrity AND Politics, Celebrity AND Gender, Celebrity AND Feminism, Celebrity AND Suicide, Celebrity AND Death, Celebrity AND Endorsements, Celebrity AND United States, Celebrity AND China, Celebrity AND Brazil (etc.)
Overview Resources - Background Information
- Opposing Viewpoint in ContextOpposing Viewpoints in Context provides viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents, links to websites, and full-text magazine and newspaper articles related to controversial social issues.
- CQ ResearcherContains weekly in-depth reports that cover the most current and controversial issues of the day with complete summaries, insight into all sides of the issues, bibliographies and more.
- Celebrity nation : how America evolved into a culture of fans and followers by Jones, Landon YISBN: 9780807007389Publication Date: 2023
- The Drama of Celebrity by Sharon MarcusISBN: 0691189781Publication Date: 2019
- Celebrity by Susan J. Douglas; Andrea McDonnellISBN: 1479852430Publication Date: 2019
- Celebrity Cultures by Lee BarronISBN: 9781446249277Publication Date: 2014
- Keeping up the Kardashian Brand: Celebrity, Materialism, and Sexuality by Amanda Scheiner McClainISBN: 9780739177150Publication Date: 2013
- Celebrity Culture and the American Dream: Stardom and Social Mobility by Karen SternheimerISBN: 9780415886789Publication Date: 2011
- A Short History of Celebrity by Fred InglisISBN: 9780691135625Publication Date: 2010
- Liking Ike: Eisenhower, Advertising, and the Rise of Celebrity Politics by David Haven BlakeISBN: 9780190278182Publication Date: 2016
Articles- Scholarly and Popular
- Academic SearchAcademic Search Premier is a multidisciplinary database that provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including approximately 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. A total of 8,500 journals are indexed and abstracted.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete (CMMC)Covers more than 700 journal titles and includes full text for over 400 journals.
- Entertainment Industry Magazine ArchiveAccess to periodicals from the film and and entertainment industries from the United States and United Kingdom from the late 1800's through 2000.
- Sociological AbstractsThe Sociological Abstracts database indexes and abstracts 2,000 worldwide journals in sociology. Relevant dissertations have been added since 1986.
- JSTORProvides image and full-text online access to back issues of selected scholarly journals in history, economics, political science, demography, mathematics and other fields of the humanities and social sciences.