Agriculture: Data and Statistics : United States
This guide provides links to compiled statistics and research data products concerning agriculture in Wisconsin, the United States and internationally.
- Census of AgricultureLinks to Historical Census can also be selected from site (1840-2017).
United States Statistics, Portals
- National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS), USDANASS conducts hundreds of surveys every year and prepares reports covering virtually every aspect of US agriculture. Production and supplies of food and fiber, prices paid and received by farmers, farm labor and wages, farm finances, chemical use, and changes in the demographics of producers are only a few examples.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service - A USDA AgencyNRCS provides leadership in a partnership effort to help people conserve, maintain and improve our natural resources and environment. Notable reports include State of the Land and Web Soil Survey.
- Agricultural Statistics, Annual ReportPublished annually to meet the diverse need for a reliable reference book on agricultural production, supplies, consumption, facilities, costs, and returns.
USDA agencies collaborate to provide the information in these reports. Agency contacts are provided for each table.
Economic Markets, Trade
- Economic Research Service, USDAERS conducts research on economics and policy issues involving food, farming, environment, and rural development. Visit site for data tables, visualizations, publications.
- Foreign Agricultural ServiceFAS links US agriculture to the world by enhancing export opportunities and global food security. Supports several databases for researching commodities, exports, markets, and issues impacting production, trade.