Agriculture: Data and Statistics : Wisconsin
This guide provides links to compiled statistics and research data products concerning agriculture in Wisconsin, the United States, and internationally.
Wisconsin State Statistics, Bulletins & Census
- Census of Agriculture for Wisconsin, 2017Statistics include size of farm, tenure, age and occupation of farm operators, type of organization, inventory and value of products sold, crops, livestock, and their products, etc.
- Wisconsin Agricultural Statistics, DATCPSummary statistics reported by the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
- Wisconsin NASS (National Agricultural Statistics Service) Field Office - A USDA AgencyIncludes county estimates, and reports on dairy, crops, land sales, livestock, and vegetables.
- Wisconsin Crop and Livestock ReporterDigitized reports, 1924-1963.
- Wisconsin Agricultural Statistics, County Series 1-71Wisconsin Crop and Livestock Reporting Service, [1939-1942]. Note: Digitized copies are available via HathiTrust.
Wisconsin Dairy, Other Livestock
- Dairy Press Release, USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service Wisconsin Field Office (online)Product reports, prices, herds, production, specialty cheese. Includes links to historical data series and other surveys.
- Cheese Facts & Stats, Wisconsin Cheese, Dairy Farmers of WisconsinStatistics informing infographics are drawn from NASS, USDA reports.
Analysis and Reporting, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Status of Wisconsin Agriculture (online edition)Outlook report for Wisconsin agriculture published by the Department of Agricultural & Applied Economics (2001-2018).
- Agricultural Outlook Forum, Renk Agribusiness InstituteForum archive with links to publications and playlists of its speakers.
- Contribution of Agriculture to the Wisconsin Economy (2017 updates)Report plus summary fact-sheets.
- EDA University Center (Economic Development Administration, US Department of Commerce)Data reports, publication series.
Get Help from AGES Team
Agriculture, Geology, & Environmental Sciences Team | Science & Engineering Libraries
Karen Dunn | Steenbock LIbrary
Marie Dvorzak | Geology Library
Heather Shimon | Steenbock Library