CHEM 311: Chemistry Across the Periodic Table (Fall 2022) : Finding Articles
The best way to find articles on a topic is to use one of our Library Databases. We subscribe to hundreds of databases that index journals and provide direct links to articles. Below are some links to databases that may be useful for you in this course!
- PubMedContains scholarly articles from medical fields
- ScopusContains scholarly articles on a wide variety of topics
- ReaxysReaxys is a web-based search and retrieval system for chemical compounds, bibliographic data and chemical reactions. Users must create an account to access this database.
- SciFinderSciFinder requires an individual SciFinder username and password using an @wisc.edu email address. SciFinder is used to access information in selected Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) databases. It permits searching in a variety of ways: author name, research topic, substance identifier (CAS Registry Number, chemical name), chemical structure/substructure, or chemical reaction.
- Web of ScienceContains scholarly articles on many topics, with a focus on scientific and medical topic areas
There are many other databases available from the Libraries! You can view or browse them via the links below:
Getting Full Text Articles & Book Chapters
Follow (Find It button) or the "Find It at UW Madison" link in most databases to:
- access online full text (when available)
- see if the journal or book is available in print if it is not accessible online
- request a free pdf of the article or book chapter if full text is not available online (Request a Copy)
If you already have a citation, use this Citation Search to search for your article.
Article Search Tips
Having trouble finding articles? Click below for search tips.