Funding for UW-Madison Study : Undergraduates
This guide is intended for current and prospective undergraduate or graduate students at the University of Wisconsin Madison.
GIC HomeGrants Information Collection Web site Home Page
About the GICMission, Vision, and Location of the Grants Information Collection
Foundation CenterNation's leading authority on Philanthropy, Grants, and Giving.
Candid Funding Information Network locationsSearch for other network partners located in all 50 states, as well as several countries.
Funding for Undergraduate Studies at UW-Madison
- Academic Awards OfficeA list of awards that are open to undergraduate students from all colleges and majors at UW-Madison
- Engineering Students Scholarships & AidJust what the title says.
- Institute for Biology Education: Funding for Undergraduate ResearchLists several types of funding for undergraduate research in the biological sciences.
- L&S Honors Program Grants and AwardsFunding for L&S Honors Students, including research, senior thesis, study abroad, research-related travel, community service, merit awards, etc.
- Nelson Institute: Undergraduate Scholarships, Grants, and AwardsNumerous awards, varying from year to year in number and amount are awarded to undergraduate students in environmental studies who have distinguished themselves through their academic achievements and also through service to the college or community.
- Scholarships from Outside CALSA short list of non-UW funding opportunities relevant for College of Agricultural & Life Sciences students.
- Scholarships@UW-MadisonA searchable database of on-campus scholarships and awards.
- School of Human Ecology: Undergraduate ScholarshipsThe School of Human Ecology has collaborated with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, as well as other schools on campus, to adopt the Common Scholarship Application. The School of Human Ecology awards well over 30 scholarships each year, averaging about $2,000 per scholarship.
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication: ScholarshipsList of selected, relevant funding opportunities for undergraduates.
- School of Music: Scholarships and Financial AidThe UW-Madison School of Music offers financial support to highly gifted prospective music majors. All scholarship recipients have distinguished themselves as outstanding musicians through their musical background and by their audition. Most School of Music scholarships are awarded for a four-year period.
- Undergraduate Academic Awards Office: Nationally Competitive AwardsA list of nationally competitive scholarships that require university endorsement (rather than applying directly).
- Undergraduate Research OpportunitiesA list of funding opportunities for undergraduates undertaking research projects. Options range from assisting with on-going research to designing and directing your own project.
- Undergraduate Research ScholarsThe Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URS) is dedicated to helping first- and second-year undergraduates get hands-on experience in research or other creative endeavors by working with UW faculty and research staff.
- University of Wisconsin Colleges: Financial AidAn introduction to types of financial aid available for education - scholarships, grants (including federal and Wisconsin state), loans, employment, and other benefit programs and aid. Also links to financial aid offices in the UW campuses, how and when to apply, and suggestions of Internet sites to explore further for funding information.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison: Office of Student Financial ServicesInformation for UW-Madison students about financial assistance available through loans, grants, and work-study programs, as well as financial counseling and information on funding available from multiple sources, including federal. Application forms are also available here. A good place to begin.
- UW-Madison International Academic Programs Office: Financial InformationFinancial Resources for study abroad. Emphasis on those participating in University of Wisconsin-Madison study abroad programs.
- Wisconsin Idea Undergraduate FellowshipsFellowships are awarded annually to semester- or year-long projects designed by a UW-Madison undergraduate (or a group of undergraduates) in collaboration with a community organization (whether local, national or international) and a UW-Madison faculty or academic staff mentor. All WIF students are invited to present their work at the Undergraduate Symposium in the spring.
- Writing Fellows ProgramWriting Fellows are assigned to Writing Intensive or Communications-B courses in which they work closely with professors as well as student writers. Fellows read and critique drafts of two formal papers. Includes an honorarium.
Keep up to date with the world of philanthropy.
Chronicle of PhilanthropySearch news, article, blogs, and more related to philanthropy.
Patrons must inside a UW-Madison library or affiliated with UW-Madison to view.
Non-Profit TimesLearn more an non-profit management by reading the Non-Profit Times.
Philanthropy News DigestBrowse and search for news items, jobs, RFPs, and more from this free service from the Foundation Center.