- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Research Guides
- Funding for International Students
- Subscription Databases/Search Engines
Funding for International Students : Subscription Databases/Search Engines
GIC HomeGrants Information Collection Web site Home Page
About the GICMission, Vision, and Location of the Grants Information Collection
Foundation CenterNation's leading authority on Philanthropy, Grants, and Giving.
Candid Funding Information Network locationsSearch for other network partners located in all 50 states, as well as several countries.
Funding Databases for International Students at the UW
These resources are helpful to finding educational funding. UW-Madison students, faculty, staff may access these databases on- or off-site using a UW-Madison NetID unless otherwise noted. Anyone may use these databases in the Grants Information Collection at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Memorial Library. Handouts on how to use COS PIvot, Foundation Grants to Individuals, Grant Forward, and SPIN are located under the Workshop Materials tab.
If you are a UW-Madison student, start with RSP Funding for Graduate Students or Undergraduates. You will need to create an account with RSP using your UW email address to use the database.
- PivotSearch over 28,000 active funding opportunities and over 3 billion past awarded grants from
private and federal funding sources. Covers a wide array of subjects and disciplines. (Note: You must set up a personal login account using your wisc.edu email - free to UW-Madison affiliates - to save searches and track opportunities. However, a login is not necessary to use the database.)
- Foundation Grants to IndividualsFunding includes educational support, general welfare, arts and cultural support, awards, prizes, and grants by nomination. Available in Memorial Library only.
- Grant ForwardIncludes over 8,000 federal and private funding programs for researchers, scholars, faculty and students. Grant programs for institutions are included as well.
- RSP Funding for Graduate StudentsRSP (Reference Service Press) Funding for Graduate Students contains up-to-date information on thousands of financial aid programs open to graduate students. The database describes various program types, including fellowships, loans, grants, dissertation/thesis support, internships, and awards.
- RSP Funding Finder for UndergraduatesOver 4,000 grants for undergrads. Includes scholarships, loans, grants, internships, and awards. Details eligibility requirements such as citizenship, gender, ethnicity, military affiliation, disabilities, student rank, financial need, student status, etc.
Keep up to date with the world of philanthropy.
Chronicle of PhilanthropySearch news, article, blogs, and more related to philanthropy.
Patrons must inside a UW-Madison library or affiliated with UW-Madison to view.
Non-Profit TimesLearn more an non-profit management by reading the Non-Profit Times.
Philanthropy News DigestBrowse and search for news items, jobs, RFPs, and more from this free service from the Foundation Center.