LSC 560: Life Sciences Communication. Scientific Writing (Fall 2022) : Getting Help
Ways to Get Help
Librarians are always available to answer questions and help you with your research.
Getting Help from Librarians
- Library Hours by Location
- Visit the Ask a Librarian webpage to see other ways to get help. From this page, you have several options:
- You can email the libraries with a question, and usually receive a response within 24 hours. Click the “Email” link on the right side of the page.
- You can make an appointment to meet with someone virtually. See Schedule a Virtual Appointment with a Librarian
- You can send a chat message to a librarian anytime from 8:00am until 11:00pm. Click the blue “Chat Now” button in the center of the page to open a chat window. You will need to type in your question and press “Enter” before the librarian receives the message.
- Research guides are collections of resources put together by librarians. They are organized by subject area.
- Research guides can be excellent places to start when you begin learning about or researching a topic.
- To access research guides:
- On the UW-Madison Libraries homepage, click the “Help” link in the upper navigation bar.
- Select “Research Guides” from the drop-down menu.
- You can click on the name of a subject area to view all of the related guides, or you can use the search bar in the upper right corner of the page to search for a guide by name, topic or theme.