Undergraduate Research Scholars 2022-23 : Finding Articles
Information about library resources for Undergraduate Research Scholars
FindIT: Full-Text Articles
Follow (Find It button) or the "Find It at UW Madison" link in most databases to:
- access online full text (when available)
- see if the journal or book is available in print if it is not accessible online
- request a free pdf of the article or book chapter if full text is not available online (Request a Copy)
If you already have a citation, use this Citation Search to search for your article.
Multidisciplinary Databases - Search for Articles
- Introductory DatabasesThis is a selection of databases covering a wide variety of topics and source types - newspaper articles, magazine articles, and scholarly articles, among other sources. Below are three databases from this list that may be useful for many Curriculum Contribution topics.
- Academic SearchLarge, multidisciplinary database with information on many topics. This would be a great place to look for sources like newspaper and magazine articles, in addition to scholarly articles.
- APA PsycInfoLarge database covering the field of psychology, behavioral science and mental health, including the psychological aspects of medicine, nursing, education, physiology, business, law, and more.
- Communication & Mass Media CompleteDatabase covering advertising, marketing, film/video, game studies, journalism, communication, mass media, linguistics, rhetoric, language, logic, and other closely related fields.
- SocINDEX with Full TextCovers all aspects of sociology, including abortion, criminal justice, ethnicity and race, gender studies, politics, religion, social work, substance abuse, urban studies, violence, welfare, and more.
Identifying Scholarly Articles
Library Research Tutorials
- UW-Madison Libraries Research TutorialsThroughout this guide, you will find links to some of the Libraries' Research Tutorials. This page contains a complete list of video and text-based research tutorials created by the UW-Madison Libraries