SPANISH 311: Advanced Language Practice - Mercado, Sarli (Fall 2019) : Finding Books
Overview for Library Catalog Searching
- Use the Advanced Search in the Library Catalog.
- Decide which field/s to use in your search (keywords, title, author, subject).
- If using keywords, remember to use boolean operators (AND, OR and quotations)
- Narrow your search by clicking on a term under Subjects on the left navigation bar or in the individual record.
- Note which library has the book. Under "availability" you will know if you are able to check it out and in where it's located. Campus Libraries' locations.
- Use the call number to find the book. Memorial Library has a Stacks Guide.
Searching in the Library Catalog
The best way to find books for this class is to search the library catalog. The library catalog searches all of the campus libraries at UW-Madison.
Here's a helpful tutorial for you to learn more about searching in the library catalog: