Finding Social Science Data for Research : National
American FactFinder- the Census's main tool for retrieving statistics since 2010. Includes population, housing, economic, and geographic data from the 2000 and 2010 Censuses.
Data available from:
- American Community Survey
- American Housing Survey
- Annual Survey of Manufacturers
- Business Patterns
- Nonemployer Statistics
- Annual Surveys of Governments
- Census of Governments
- Commodity Flow Survey
- Decennial Census
- Economic Census
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)Tabulation
- Population Estimates Program
- Puerto Rico Community Survey
Please consult FactFinder Help to learn more about the tools and services that are available within this resource.
1. From the search results page:
Download up to 10 tables from the search results page in a comma-delimited format (.csv), which can be imported into Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet and database programs.
2. When viewing a table:
Download a single table from the "table" view in comma-delimited (.csv), PDF, Microsoft Excel (.xls), or Rich Text Format (.rtf) formats.
3. Use the Download Center:
Experienced users can download tables for groups of selected geographic summary levels or prepackaged datasets via FTP.
4. Download spatial data from reference maps and thematic maps.
More Information about Amercian FactFinder