Early American Material Culture: Books Online : Furniture
Following are lists of books publicly available online on the topics of Early American (pre-1850) architecture, furniture, metalwork, pottery, more.
Titles are arranged chronologically.
- The Colonial Furniture of New England (1891)Lyon, Irving Whitall
- Colonial Furniture and Interiors (c 1896)Elwell, Newton W.
- The Furniture of Our Forefathers (1901)Singleton, Esther
- Colonial Furniture in America (1902)Lockwood, Luke Vincent
- Colonial Homes and Their Furnishings (1912)Northend, Mary Harrod
- The Practical Book of Period Furniture.... (1914)Eberlein, Harold Donaldson
- A Windsor Handbook... (1917)Nutting, Wallace
- Furniture of the Olden Time (1920 ed.)Morse, Frances Clary
- The Charm of the Antique (1921)Shackleton, Robert and Elizabeth
- Furniture of the Pilgrim Century... (1921 ed.)Nutting, Wallace
- Furniture Masterpieces of Duncan Phyfe (1922)Cornelius, Charles Over
- Working Drawings of Colonial Furniture (c1922)Bryant, Frederick John
- English and American Furniture (1929)Cescinsky, Herbert
- Simple Colonial Furniture (1935)Gottshall, Franklin H.
- In Quest of Comfort: The Easy Chair in America (1971)Heckscher, Morrison H.
- Baltimore Federal Furniture in The American Wing (1972)Bordes, Marilynn Johnson
- American Rococo, 1750–1775: Elegance in Ornament (1992)Heckscher, Morrison H., and Leslie Greene Bowman
- John Townsend: Newport Cabinetmaker (2005)Heckscher, Morrison H., with the assistance of Lori Zabar