- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Research Guides
- U.S. Government Publications at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Citing Government Publications
U.S. Government Publications at the University of Wisconsin-Madison : Citing Government Publications
For examples using specific citation styles, see the dropdown menu under "Citing Government Publications."
These resources are not specific to a citation style, but provide guidelines and examples that can be adapted to different styles.
Cheney, Debora. The Complete Guide to Citing Government Information Resources: a Manual for Social Science & Business Research. Bethesda, MD: LexisNexis; Congressional Information Service, c2002.
Call number: J9.5 G37 2002
- Memorial Library Reference Desk Room 262 (non-circulating)
- Steenbock Library Stacks (1st Floor)
- Guide: Citing U.S. Government Publications from the Indiana University Bloomington Libraries.
- Based largely on Garner and Cheney's The Complete Guide to Citing Government Documents: A Manual for Writers & Librarians, (1993).
Need to cite articles, books, or Web pages?
General Cite Sources tips from the UW-Madison Libraries
UW-Madison Writing Center's Writer's Handbook has a section on Documentation (APA, Chicago, CBE, MLA, etc.).
Information on quoting and paraphrasing from UW-Madison's Writing Center
Information from the UW Madison Libraries on citation managers