Early Childhood Education : Orgs/People
- Lesson Plans
- Images, Video, Audio
- Stats & Facts
- Certification & Jobs
Ask a Librarian at MERIT
If chat is offline, click here to Ask a Librarian via UW-Madison Libraries general library help chat.
Organizations & Associations
Here are the websites for select societies, agencies, associations and organizations in the field of early childhood education.
- National Association for the Education of Young Children"NAEYC's mission is to serve and act on behalf of the needs, rights and well-being of all young children with primary focus on the provision of educational and developmental services and resources"
- Wisconsin Early Childhood Association"Quality early care and education is fundamental to creating a better world. WECA works to advance positive change for children by focusing on the professionals who provide child care for well over 70% of Wisconsin's children."
- National Education Association"The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States."
- Association for Childhood Education International"The Association for Childhood Education International (ACEI) is a 501 c 3 charitable organization dedicated to promoting the optimal education and development of children in a changing world through various programs and projects that align with ACEI's mission."
- World Organization for Early Childhood Education"One of more than 70 national committees, or chapters, in World OMEP, a non-profit child advocacy organization, associated with the United Nations, UNICEF, UNESCO, the World Health Organization, and others working for healthy, peaceful, equitable, sustainable, and just environments for the world’s children… today and in the future."