HISTORY 201: The Historian's Craft: Religion in the Age of Hitler (Fall 2022) : Find Books
In historical research, books are used as primary or secondary sources, depending on their coverage and date of publication. To find books and more on your topic, search the Library Catalog.
Libraries for Historical Research
Memorial Library and the Wisconsin Historical Society Library are the two main libraries on the UW-Madison campus for historical research. Memorial Library has materials about areas of the world in over 100 languages. Wisconsin Historical Society Library has materials focused on North American history including the United States and Canada. Another location with primary source materials is the Special Collections on the 9th floor of Memorial Library.
To find an item in a particular library
1) In the library catalog, use search terms relevant to your topic
2) Adjust search terms to find better sources based on what results you get
3) Limit to the library in which you want to find the resources or be prepared to request an item to be sent to another library.
4) Check to make sure the item is available
5) Find and note the location information for the item (library, call number)
6) Use a stack guide if needed to find the item in the library