HISTORY 201: The Historian's Craft: The Weimar Republic and the Rise of Nazism (Fall 2022) : Find Articles
- Academic SearchMulti-subject database with articles in academic journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- JSTOR: The Scholarly Journal ArchiveJSTOR is a full-text journal database which provides access to more than 1,200 titles in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- Historical AbstractsIndexes and abstracts information in world history and the related social sciences and humanities, excluding the US and Canada. Includes articles covering the years 1450 to the present, with more than 2,600 periodicals published in 90 countries in 40 languages.
- Use AND to combine different words to find all those words, in any order.
- Weimar Republic AND women
- Use OR to combine similar words or synonyms or variations
- women OR gender
- Use quotation marks ( " ") to search words as a phrase
- "Weimar Republic"
- Use an asterisk ( * ) to find varied endings of words and singular and plural forms.
- femin* to find feminine, feminism, feminist
- Use a question mark (?) to find one missing letter
- wom?n to find women, woman, or womyn
- Look at Subjects to find additional keywords and use them to find relevant and specific results.
- Look for an option to limit to Academic Journals on the left side of search results in most databases
Database Search Strategies
This tutorial shows you how to use database search strategies such as AND, OR, quotation marks, and truncation.
Searching Within Databases
This tutorial shows you how to search for articles in article databases. It shows you how to use AND to combine terms, limit to articles from scholarly journals or by date of publication, use subject headings and abstract to find keywords, find full text of articles, and use tools to generate or export citations.