- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Research Guides
- LITTRANS 260: Italy and the Invention of America (Fall 2020)
- Database Search Strategies
LITTRANS 260: Italy and the Invention of America (Fall 2020) : Database Search Strategies
This guide is intended for students of LITTRANS 260 to help them in their course research.
- Use AND to combine different words to find all those words, in any order
- Italians AND immigration
- Use OR to combine similar words or synonyms
- culture OR civilization
- Use quotation marks (" ") to search words as a phrase
- "Little Italy"
- Use an asterisk (*) to find varied endings of words and singular and plural forms.
- immigra* to find immigrant, immigrants, immigration
- Look at Subjects to find additional keywords and use them to find relevant and specific results.