Chemical & Biological Engineering (CBE) 2021 : Home
Graduate Orientation Guide
UW-Madison Libraries Quick Facts
- Start your literature searches and find information about library locations, services, and more at the UW-Madison Libraries website, library.wisc.edu.
- Find books, music, videos, and more using the catalog search.
- Find the right databases to search for the articles, conference papers, eBooks, and other resources you need using the database search.
- Your WisCard is your library card for physical materials.
- Access electronic materials using your NetID.
- We have many libraries on campus. You are welcome at all of them!
UW-Madison Libraries Orientation
Library Resources for Research
- Consult with a subject specialist
- Review databases of scholarly literature and other information sources
- Search databases for sources of available extramural funding
- Consult our Laboratory Methods and Protocols Guide to locate lab or experimental procedures.
- Get started with Electronic Lab Notebooks
- Investigate Animal Research Alternatives
- Develop your Data Management Plan
- Understand Funder Public Access requirements
- Incorporate a Citation Manager into your workflow
- Learn about Impact Factors and other metrics used to measure the impact of your publications
- Review Copyright and Managing Your Rights as an Author
- Consult with Patent librarians for patent and trademark information and assistance
- Create an ORCID researcher identifier to manage your online research presence
- ....and more!