This guide was originally created in the spring of 2011, in response to the unprecedented events following the introduction of the 2011-13 Wisconsin budget bill. The guide has been updated to include more stable links to the government documents related to the budget, and some documents related to the court cases that followed, including court cases challenging the process in which the budget was approved, and Wisconsin Act 2010, which came out of the budget process.
Specifically, there are links to documents about
- the 2011 budget repair bill
- the 2011-13 biennial budget
- the 2011-13 capital budget
- the budget process in Wisconsin
- links to relevant state agencies
- and major sources of state revenue
For news articles covering the state of Wisconsin budget, please see
- the UW-Madison research guide for Newspapers (most newspaper databases can be accessed from off-campus with a valid UW net ID; otherwise, you must be at a campus computer to access the databases);
- The Wheeler Report, a free website which contains links to press releases and stories on Wisconsin issues
For government publications about the 2013-15 Wisconsin state budget, see this guide developed by Robin Miller of the the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's McIntyre Library.