The study of plant diseases, environmental damage, and pests.
Last Updated: Aug 30, 2013
If you already have a citation, use this form to search for your article.
Follow the button or "Find It at UW Madison" link in most databases to:
- Access online full text, when available
- See if the journal is available in print on campus
- Request a free pdf of the article if not already online (Library Express)
Use our E-Journals list to access individual online journals. Use the databases below to search across many journals at once.
Includes unique USDA publications, state agricultural experiment station publications, and Extension publications. Subject scope limited ot USDA programs in recent years. Updated quarterly.
- Biological Abstracts
World's largest life sciences database. Experimental lab focus.
- Biological Abstracts/RRM (Reports, Reviews, Meetings)
Indexes life science books, conference proceedings, meeting papers and research reviews. Journal articles are indexed in Biological Abstracts.
- CAB Abstracts
Includes all aspects of crop production and agronomy. Worldwide coverage. Focus on applied field research. Updated monthly.
- Crop Protection Compendium
- Plant Management Network
UW-Madison is a partner in this applied plant sciences resource. It includes four peer-reviewed journals, three efficacy test publications on methods of pest control, and a database of web pages and images.
- Web of Science / Web of Knowledge
The unique "Cited Reference" search allows you to find all the papers that have cited a specific author or article. It is an easy way to follow the experts to find recent developments, responses, and even retractions.
Journal databases offer personal accounts for saved searches, email alerts and RSS feeds. Automatically monitor:
* New research on a topic, or by a certain author
* Tables of contents
* New articles that cite an particular article
Selected RSS feeds:
Citation Managers like RefWorks, EndNote, or Zotero are software applications that will help you…
* Create a personal research database
* Format bibliographies